Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Terrible Questions...Intro

Have you ever asked yourself the Terrible Questions? I am sure you have. Almost every person who has ever lived on this earth has, in a moment of introspection, wondered, "Why am I here; Does God exist; What happens after I die; and Why is there evil in the world?"

Philosophers from the earliest times have wrestled with these foundational aspects of the Human Existence and found a wide array of answers from the classic Greek despondency (which led irresistibly to the Tragedies of their theater) to the utterly nihilistic Marxian belief that Man exists for the sole purpose of increasing his own power at the expense of all others.

In greatest humility I wish to put forth my thoughts on these questions, standing on the shoulders of the mighty, learned and inspired, so that perhaps I might bring peace and comfort to the minds of those who are troubled by this great adventure we call Life.

Be aware, I am unabashedly a Christian and after discussing the most basic question, "Is there a God?", everything I say thereafter will proceed from that viewpoint.

So, let us take a journey together and see if we can find some meaning to the pitiful few moments we endure on this seemingly God-forsaken rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment