Friday, September 30, 2011

He's Different Than I Am

He’s Different Than I Am


I saw two men in mortal strife,
By their hate consumed,
Each lusted for the other's life,
So sore they both were doomed.

I pulled one aside and begged him tell,
Why he chose this awful plan,
The simple answer gave a chill,
"He's different than I am."

I saw two nations gone to war,
By their hate sustained,
Great slaughter til they lived no more,
No victory was gained.

With dying lips bespoke the guy,
Who stood to lead his clan,
"You wonder and I'll tell you why,
He's different than I am."

In yonder heavens God doth weep,
His love all creation spans,
"I beg you my commandments keep,
Don't be so different than I AM".



Brian K. Eddy
Apr 17, 2001


God loves each of us and wants us to come to Him, to be perfect like Him, to have eternal joy with Him. 

I was really proud of the last line.  Not only was it grammatically correct but the name He was known by to Israel until Moses was "I AM".  Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment