Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm Not Losing You

I'm Not Losing You


Despite the fool that I have been,
Committing such a terrible sin,
Perhaps the worst thing I could do,
I can tell myself, "I'm not losing you."

Despite the fact that you have thrived,
No longer need Me to survive,
You say I'm acting like a fool,
When I'm afraid I'm losing you.

Despite the wrenching despirate pleas,
No word comes my doubt to ease,
"I'm too busy to write even just a few."
Thus you said.  I'm not losing you.

Am I unfair to worry so?
Has this crime erased my right to know?
What's going on in your life too?
The silence cries, "I'm losing you."

It won't be long until I'm home,
My penance done, no more to roam,
A chance to prove I can be true,
I'm so glad I've not lost you.




Brian K . Eddy
May 26, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment