Monday, September 26, 2011

Lo, He Comes

Lo, He Comes

                  For years now I've prepared my life,
                  Anticipating that special one,
                  Purge my soul of hate and strife,
                  Ever mindful that . . . Lo, He comes.

5                 Help me overcome my faults,
                  From my troubles no more will run,
                  This day forward, all Me-First halts,
                  The time is short and . . .  Lo, He comes.

                  I still possess so many flaws,
10                In spite of all the work I've done,
                  Though not ready, I'll make it 'cause,
                  The day's at hand and . . .  Lo, He comes.
                                                My Son.



                                          Brian K. Eddy
                                          Aug. 23, 1997

      I was beginning to realize the truth of my son's pending arrival. I wanted to be a perfect father.

No comments:

Post a Comment