Friday, September 30, 2011

You Don't Know Me

You Don't Know Me


"You don't know me", I heard the scream,
As her mother drown in tears,
In the eyes so died the dream,
O'er shadowed by confirmed fears.

A Wild Child did I see,
Spewing filth and hate,
Displayed herself on daytime TV,
Running headlong to her fate.

MY soul was wrenched with utter pain,
She's a woman but a girl,
Innocence gone and nothing gained,
Can't wait for life to unfurl.

She wants respect but gives out none,
Sad and lonely at the core,
Gives away her body just for fun,
Acting like a whore.

Can't she see the kind of man,
That would give meaning to her life,
Honor and respect the wedding band,
He'd never take HER to wife?

So a mother sits in despair pure,
"You don't know me".  But that's not true,
Through a sigh can hear the whisper,
"In my youth, I WAS you."



Brian K. Eddy
Apr 24, 2001


            It was one of those rear occasions when I watched an episode of Maury Povitch.  Daytime TV depresses me so. 
            A mother swallowed her pride and went before the entire world to beg someone's help with her daughter.  That girl was so disrespectful and filled with rage I was astounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment