Monday, October 3, 2011

Magnum Opus

Magnum Opus

                  I lay upon a sea green veldt,
                  Warm, drowsy sunshine washed over me,
                  Perceived a humming 'neath my ear,
                  As unseen fingers plucked a grassy string.

5                 Long I lay there, fixed on one,
                  Til the voice of thousands broke my reverie,
                  How foolish was I, did judgment lack,
                  To hold one joy, rather than welcome many.

                  Now with this thought I began to search,
10                Was there more to this cacophony?
                  The brook just below shared it's percussion beat,
                  As a whole orchestra came to be.

                  Fluted robins and cricket piccolos,
                  A million violins making honey,
15                And Man's great works did pale next to,
                  The mighty grandeur of His symphony.
                                    -Brian K. Eddy
                                    March 12, 19 and 26, 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment