Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Stranger

The Stranger


                  Among new friends,
                  Yet lost and alone,
                  Ahead new lands,
                  My back towards home.

5                 A sudden idea,
                  Then entered my mind,
                  Ignoring all fear,
                  I'd a stranger to find.

                  Her picture before,
10                With beauty all crowned,
                  My senses soar,
                  In blue eyes drown.

                  To her unknown,
                  I pleaded my case,
15                Surprising to me,
                  She replied with haste.

                  Slowly we've learned,
                  To be friends,
                  Lasting trust earned,
20                Til the World ends.

                  The future's bright,
                  Tho' we're never met,
                  Together we might,
                  If heaven's will's set.



                              -Brian K. Eddy
                              May 6, 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment