Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Songbird

Songbird

            Stay my dear, I want to say, I love you,
            You'll never know just how very much you mean to me,
            Just like bird that soars upon the wind,
            You carry my love above the highest of the clouds,
5           I call upon your name,
            And I hear you singing back,
            There's no other love in the World for me.

            Here we are, alone against, the silent world,
            And by our song we tell them how a love can be,
10          We're together through it all, oh my love,
            Never let me miss a moment of your song,
            I need to hear it every day,
            And I'll live within your arms,
            I look into your eyes, and then I'm gone.

15          How often do I have to say I love you,
            You've gone away and left me here to sing the song alone,
            But when you come back to my arms then you'll know,
            The harmony of our souls is worth the pain,
            I see an angel's smile,
20          And forever is our bond,
            While lovers hear but an echo of OUR song.
                                    -Brian K. Eddy
                                    Aug. 31, 1992

      Inspired by and written to Kenny G's "Songbird".

No comments:

Post a Comment